Friday, June 2, 2017

Pineapple Smiles...Inkspirational Challenge #136~Designer's Choice: Windows

Hello,

Here we are, sailing our way into June...or in my case, 'gusting' our way through! The winds of late have been zany-crazy; indeed, the other day, I was convinced I was Kansas-bound as a blast of wind caught me walking to get the mail. Blustery...but the sun has been shining and skies blue! Summer is on its way...I think!

Welcome to the new Inkspirational Challenge #136~Designers Choice, where yours truly has selected *Windows* as the theme. No rhyme or reason why, actually; I just thought it as a word open to all sorts of possibilities....and based on what you'll see over on the INK site, I was right!


We're fortunate to have interpretation and inspiration from our wonderful Guest designer, Pam, who is joining my marvelous team - SandieShaunaKylieNonniMarina, Yvonne - and I for this challenge.

So, windows and 'possibilities'...and I have a trio of takes to share.

First, my pineapple and flower (Hero Arts) are set in front of my die cut window; the opening is inked with faux water-colour strips and the background embossed with pineapples, a new smitten-with folder that appeared in my mailbox the other day, from a fantastic little shopping trip to The Heart Desires shop. 


Second, a trio of circular windows, featuring an MFT roses-all-over background. Navy, pink and gold = the palette at Colour Throwdown Challenge #445, so we'll be heading that direction.


Third, a simple little card for my ninja-and-superheroes-avid-fan nephew.  He also likes shakers (aka a window), so...what's an aunty to do *grin* I left the belt-thingy uncoloured for him to deal with when it arrives. I've discovered, of late, that they like to add 'their' touches to the cards I send, which works perfectly fine by me. Whatever I can do to encourage their creativity/colouring/assembling, I'm all over it!

Okay, turning the stage over to you!  What ideas does "Windows" open for you? I'm sure you won't find it a 'pane' to design something delightful to add to the glass-ery!  Sorry...bad punning. I'll draw the 'curtains' on this post and leave you to frame your creations as you see fit!

Also sharing at:

Colour Throwdown Challenge #445

Cards in Envy~Favourite Colour Combo (Anything Goes) Challenge Love pinks and yellows and a smattering of green!

 Thank you for dropping by; your visit is both welcomed and deeply appreciated!





16 comments:

sandie said...

wow Carol you rocked this challenge and showed us so many ways to tackle this. My fav is the first one, love the soft colours in The background x

Carole said...

Great trio of cards Carol...love the pineapple one! xx

~amy~ said...

Oh my, these are all super FABulous!
That shaker card, I LOVE it!

Shauna said...

Three cards.. how fun! Your little ninja is so cute! I particularly like your tropical card with the subtle colors and bold pineapple. Thanks for a great challenge!
- Shauna

Kim Heggins said...

Terrific trio of cards...each so different but just as fabulous as the one before it. Love your sweet pineapple and that adorable ninja!

Nonni said...

These are all truly fantastic but the last one must be my favorite, Carol! I really love that nephew can himself color the belt... It's a fantastic idea! The second card with it's fantastic layout is so striking too. You are on fire this week! :)

Brenda said...

Your first two cards are just beautiful Carol, but that last one is just to dang cute!!!! And perfect for that cutie nephew of yours and I love that you left the belt uncolored for him! Love all your "windows"! Hugs, Brenda

Kylie said...

Loving all these cards. I also love how one word can be interpreted in so many different ways! Great choice. I have to say the shaker card is my favourite (closet geek here) but all your cards are so beautifully designed. xx

Vicki Dutcher said...

Akk! Your ninja card is so awesome I love that guy 😁

LisaM said...

Awesome cards! Love the pineapple one! Thanks for joining us at Cards In Envy!

Susanne Vargas said...

Wow! Three fabulous cards with all kinds of different windows! Very creative and inspiring!

Barb Ghig said...

Gorgeous pineapple and bloom and I love your trio of circular windows! You are such a sweet auntie, Carol, and I'm sure your nephew is going to LOVE coloring his Ninja card...so fun!

Marina said...

Loads of great ideas here and all fantastic cards!

Pam Sparks said...

All your window cards are lovely Carol! Thanks for the awesome challenge! I had a hard time narrowing it down to one card! :D I kept thinking of all the window cards I'd made in the past. Thanks again for having me!

Bobby said...

A pineapple embossing folder? How great to go along with that wonderful pineapple stamp, Carol. And a ninja shaker? Every young boy needs one of those.

Julia Aston said...

Three great window cards! love the inking on that pineapple and that fun ninja guy!!