Saturday, October 1, 2016

Autumn Blessings...Cupcake Inspirations Challenge #378~Ocean, Kraft, Chestnut, CASology Challenge #217~Cute, Crazy 4 Challenges #356~Woodland Fun

Hello!

Happy October! My husband and I spent yesterday timing a cyclo-cross race - Dark Knight - that was a ton of fun, lasting well into the evening (hence the name).  The only downside: cold and rainy! Fortunately, I dressed accordingly...and perhaps a bit excessively *grin*  Standing outside from 3:00 pm until 11:00 pm means dressing for the weather, right.  I looked like the Michelin Man. 'nuff said.

In the event you need a bit of warming up today,  my team-mates and I invite you to join us in Cupcake Inspirations Challenge #378, where these lovely fall colours, on these scrumptious cupcakes, are on tap:

 Cinnamon pancake cupcakes with maple cream cheese frosting AND pancake toppers! 
Oh my stars!!
Dessert for breakfast; breakfast for dessert!  Now that's what I call one versatile cupcake!

This week's generous sponsor is Frantic Stamper Inc.; the lucky winner will receive a $20 gift certificate.  Somebody will be smiling!!


Today, I'm not serving  up pancake cupcakes or cupcake pancakes (although I'm tempted to!); instead, I'm serving up some serious cuteness with the darling fox from PTI's Stylized Autumn set, designed by wonderfully sweet, talented Kay Miller.  

The little chestnut fox is nestled in some ocean-coloured leaves and set atop a kraft, wood-grain embossed background.  Inside: Autumn Blessings.  With Canadian Thanksgiving just shy of a week away, I'll be sending this to someone in my family, as we'll be spending the long weekend with my husband's side.  


Want more fabulous inspiration? Please check out what my team-mates and our Surprise Sweetie, Marina (yayyyyy!), have for you on the Cupcake Inspirations blog.  You'll be delighted...and your sweet tooth will be tingling!

Looking forward to seeing your Ocean, Kraft and Chestnut creations in the gallery!

I'm off to check out this recipe!!

Also sharing at:
CASology Challenge#217~Cute


Crazy 4 Challenges #356~Woodland Fun

Thank you for spending part of your day with me; your visit brings me joy!

20 comments:

Leigh Penner said...

Super sweet card, Carol! I love the texture you added!

Jeanne said...

That inspiration picture and the colors on it sure are delectable! I'm glad you didn't freeze during that race! Your card is delightful. I really like the texture on the background the helps pop Kay's sweet fox and foliage. Your versions of the challenge colors are wonderful, too. Lovely work my friend!

Joyce said...

This is really adorable. Love that cute fox nestled amongst the leaves. Thanks so much for playing along at CASology this week.

Birgit said...

What a sweet card and a great take on this weeks inspiration photo!

Shelly said...

Such a sweet card, Carol!
Enjoy your Sunday...Hugs

Jen Carter said...

This turned out so cute! Love how you used the colors!

Jeanne J. said...

Beautiful design Carol! I love that fox and the embossing.. and the colors.. gosh I just love it all!

Marisa said...

Love the colour combo - now I'll be singing "what does the fox say" LOL!

Marybeth said...

I must have seen this on Instagram! It's a darling CAS card! I think I might use my fox today.

Diane Jaquay said...

This is so sweet, Carol, I love that fox! I actually bought this stamp set but haven't used it yet, sigh, I'm just too busy lol!

Hannelie said...

I can't help to think CUTE the moment I see this sweet face fox Carol!

Thanks for joining CASology ♥

Anonymous said...

Adorable! Love the wood embossed Bg and sweet fox! Have a great day carol!

Anonymous said...

Adorable! Love the wood embossed Bg and sweet fox! Have a great day carol!

Sandy said...

I like that fox Carol! Cute card. Have a fabulous week!
-Sandy

Tracey McNeely said...

The wood embossed background is awesome Carol and love your sweet design! Sounds like a cold and wet day yesterday but you wouldn't do it if you didn't love it!

Greta said...

Darling card & how fun you have an Oregon company giving the prize!

Rose said...

Love that cute fox nestled on the woodgrain background! You have used the inspration colours beautifully!

maria f. said...

Oops, just realized I forgot something in my last comment. SNOW?!!??! No way! OK, now. Transition to fox in woods. It works. Love how you interpreted that amazing cupcake. That truly looks like one I would like. Yum.

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

Cute fox - niceley framed by those delicate leaves! The wood embossing is just perfect!

Naki said...

This is so sweet Carol! I love that cute little fox, and the embossed background is perfect!