Friday, March 18, 2016

True Treasure Butterfly...Tag, You're It Challenge #$3, CAS Mix Up March 2016 Challenge

Hello...

Time for Tag You're It #43

For the next two weeks, my -*awe-mazing* DT,

and I, invite you to create tag drawing inspiration from this *natural* beauty created by our talented Donna



Yes, I found translating Donna's tag a challenge, only because I was initially focusing on the frame and sentiment pairing (they are incredible, aren't they!); elements not in my collection. As I was near to pressing the panic button, I zoomed in closer, and took in the 'bigger' picture of this marvelously organic composition...

My tag/card wound up as this:

which draws sparks from Donna's gem in the following ways:
  • a loosely water-coloured butterfly, as a reflection of the trio on hers tag. Yes, you read that right. Yours truly actually dabbled with water-colouring just a teensy-squeency bit, using Prismacolour pencils.
  • a stenciled background that spills onto the card panel, as a nod to the greens/browns of her pretty foliage
  • a friend-themed sentiment and
  • some wooden embellishments that...well, just seemed to fit in with the 'nature' connection I was trying to achieve. I also added Glossy Enamels to the butterfly's body, for some shine.
After you've gazed in wonder at my team's creations, please design a tag of your own inspired by Donna's, and join us in the gallery.  Looking forward to seeing your there!

The stamping, water-colouring and stenciling means that I can also (shock and amazment!) enter this into the CAS Mix Up March 2016 Challenge


Thank you so much for spending part of your day with me; your visit brings me immense joy!


27 comments:

wienerhoneymooners said...

So very beautiful Miss C!!!!

Donna said...

Squeals... I made my tag card with Loll and Bonnie's challenge in mind!
This is Amazing, Carol. x

Anonymous said...

This is soooooooo adorable and I love the butterfly!! Ty hun for all your support it means the world to me! Hugs

Loll said...

Sweet!! Great take on Donna's tag, Carol! And watercolouring to boot! :) Thanks so much for sharing with us at CAS Mix Up! xx

Marisa said...

You are becoming the stencil queen. Lovely take on the inspiration.

Petra Swart said...

Your water-coloured butterfly looks great against the soft stenciling, Carol!!!! Love that great tag die you used and the three wooden dots are just perfect to complete the lovely picture!!!! So beautiful!!!
Have a great day!!!
Hugz

Bonnie said...

Love that bright, beautiful butterfly with the soft stenciling in the background, Carol! Thanks so much for sharing this with us at CAS Mix Up!

Peanut said...

That's a clever take on Donna's tag, Carol. LOVE the big butterfly and the softly stencilled bg. Thanks for having me back to guest on TYI.
x Asha

Shelly said...

Oh, this is so pretty! Great take on Donna's tag!

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

A tag on a card - that I can muster!!! Especially getting such wonderful inspiration from you, Carol! I'll try to play along. Have a great weekend with lots of crafty time :)

Pam said...

You watercolored and it's wonderful! This is a beauty with the marvelous stenciling and pretty butterfly (shocker!).I love it! x

Susanne Vargas said...

No need to press the panic button! You always seem to find a solution! This is a very pretty one and you even watercolored!
Enjoy your weekend!

Brenda said...

This is a beautiful card/tag Carol! I love your take on the inspiration tag, you pulled all the elements in on your tag and card. Love it!! And love that you watercolored, you did a fabulous job with it too!!! Hugs, Brenda

Marybeth said...

Lost my comment:(
I was saying I started out commenting this morning and..boy did I get distracted.
You did a wonderful take of Donna's beautiful tag! That background and Watercolor butterfly are gorgeous!
Sorry im always missing in action. I think we had 6 grandchildren's birthdays in the last 4 week and my daughter on Easter. Love them all! Looks like lots of mojo my friend!

Kim Heggins said...

Gorgeous tag...wonderful take on Donna's tag, equally as beautiful.

Jeanne said...

Beautiful tag, Carol. Unlike you, I would have stayed lost. You've risen to the occasion, beautifully! Yay for dabbling in watercoloring (looks great) and the stenciled background looks terrific. Love the sentiment and its font. All around keeper, that is for sure! :)

I Card Everyone said...

Makes my heart flutter a bit, c ... yours truly did an amazing job of water-colouring!
=]

Vicki Dutcher said...

Fun, fun card! Love that font too

Joyce said...

Love this gorgeous tag and card. Fantastic stenciling and that butterfly is a beautiful focal point.

Rose said...

Love your stenciled backgrounds & this is no exception. Gorgeous pop of red with that pretty watercoloured butterfly. Love it!

Kara Lynne said...

I love how you were inspired! Your watercolored butterfly is beautiful, and I love the earthy feel of your stenciled background!

Bobby said...

See. That wasn't so hard was it, Carol? The watercoloring I mean. Keep on trying your hand at it. This try turned out beautifully.

anja curvers said...

Wow that butterfly is awesome love the whole design great take on the tag.

Tracey McNeely said...

I am so so behind on commenting, can I have a do over? I love this tag, the stenciling and pretty butterfly are fabulous! I can see how you were inspired and I am so happy you let yourself go to create this beauty!

Marisa said...

Such a gorgeous BG!! You are the stencil queen!!!

Kylie said...

Carol! This is just scrum diddly umptious. I love the colous and the soft stencilling. The glossy accents brings your butterfly to life. xx

Anita in France said...

Beautiful, Carol ... your fluttery butterfly is just delicious against that fab stencilled background! So far behind ... about a million years or so ... and just started to breathe again! Off for a lovely meander around all your recent creations ... be back with a comment or two on the way! Hugs, Anita :)