Friday, December 18, 2015

Snowflake Shaker...Tag, You're It #37

Hello!

Got your cards made and mailed? Gifts wrapped? Home decorated and baking done? Me...none of the above! I am, however, nearly done making and mailing cards (except for my family's, which will be delivered when we visit next weekend); nearly done with my gifts (we give presents to our niece and nephew, following the "Something they want, something they need, something to read" rules. Ms. Niece is getting a box filled with crafting things as one of her 'somethings' and Mr. Nephew likely getting Lego. Kids *need* Lego!  The books are ready to be wrapped, too!);  sort of done with decorating, and because our place is small, I can't do very much. As for baking...aside from baking cookies to tide us over for the next few days, I'm leaving the sweet treats to my mom. Her shortbread is *the* best!

Anyway....today, my amazing DT and I invite you to join us in playing at Tag, You're It #37, where your wondering eyes will behold this dazzling beauty Donna created for us. Classy and exquisite!

As you'll see on the challenge site, my team mates have designed stunning translations of Donna's tag. Me...well, perhaps mine's not so 'elegant' but kind of fun and, I hope, a little bit pretty!  I wanted to use a clear tag base, but...nothing in my limited stash fit the bill. I wanted a clear feature, so I adapted...and my rendition looks like this:


My PTI candy corn shaker, transformed (and a challenge to photograph, with the snowflake placed along the edge)!  I drew inspiration from Donna's tag with:
  • the shaker acetate = her 'transparent' background
  • black, white and green beads + the black white snowflake, sporting a green center = her colour scheme and, for the snowflake, her flower placement.
YOUR TURN!  How did Donna's tag bedazzle you?  Looking forward to finding out! See you in the gallery!

Wishing you some 'quiet' times, outside the hustle and bustle of Christmas preparations.  Thank you for spending part of your *me* time with me!





17 comments:

Donna said...

I like your thinking on this one, my friend :)
I always use acetate packaging and hoard the stuff whenever I can!
Happy Christmas to you. x

Carole said...

Brilliant make Carol...you are clever...and I like your adaptation of the tag. Whats this about kids needing lego then ? GROWN UPS NEED LEGO!.....I love it! but sadly its not a play thing for me any more. Hope you have a lovely Christmas despite what I know will be a very difficult time for you and yours...thinking of you...how time passes so quickly. Enjoy your visit home and time with the family. I'm all ready now...bar some last minute wrapping...........I have drawn a line beneath it all now........anything feeling neglected can have its turn next year....that includes a lot of Christmas crafting goodies! Hugs to you and yours. Love Carole xx

*Vicki* said...

What a clever design Carol! I love how your shaker looks like an elegant looking tree!! So fun!! :) Happy Christmas my friend!

Jeanne J. said...

Oh how fun is this? I loved it as a candy corn, and I love it as a tree - brilliant to give this another purpose!

Peanut said...

Oh this is so clever, Carol. I like how you've transformed the candy corn - brilliant! Our tree is up... most of the time. Richard Parker is still working it... he's a perfectionist. Am waaaay behind on my gift shopping. Looks like everyone will be getting an orange each... maybe two, if I have the time. Wishing you a very Merry Christmas. Peace and much blessing always.
hugs Asha

I Card Everyone said...

Lovely ... gorgeous snowflakes! Hey! we had two or three fall here today, too!
=]

Pam said...

Beautiful, my friend! Am I ready? no way

Bobby said...

Big undertaking to do a shaker, Carol, but it's fantastic, especially with that layered snowflake along side.

Kara Lynne said...

Carol, this is so delightful! What a wonderful shaker and I love how you re-purposed the candy corn. I am not at all ready. Three strands on the pre-lit tree are not lighting so we've had boxes of ornaments sitting in the living room for two weeks now waiting to go on the tree!

Jeanne said...

Fabulous tag! I really like how you took the candy corn and made it festive for the holiday. You are very clever! Last night the hubby took the girls and a friend to see Star Wars (I opted to stay at home), so I was able to wrap the gifts undetected. Today, the girls and I are going to a cookie baking day at a friends for some festive fun. They decorated hodge podge on our snow day. I have some last minute things I hope to accomplish now that we are on our Winter Break. We'll see though! I like your gift plan/rules. I'm sure the niece and the nephew will adore your gifts. Thanks so much for sharing, Carol. You are an absolute delight! :)

Anita in France said...

Oooh, clever, Carol ... the perfect mix of bold, dramatic and fun ... that snowflake is just stunning! Hugs, Anita :)

Vicki Dutcher said...

Life has so gotten in the way of my stamping this week! Seeing this awesome shaker card is making me REALLY want to to go create! Love the bead stuffing -- and of course my favorite color combo evah!! ;)

Stephanie Lanzalotto said...

Carol, this is absolutely fantastic!!! What a great transformation of that candy corn!!!! Love the three tiered shaker, and the stark white with the touches of black and green. LOVE IT!!!

Greta said...

So fun, Carol! I never thought to make a black & white snowflake, but I love it! Merry Christmas!

Kay Miller said...

Wow! Another amazing and so very clever card! I would never have thought to use the candy corn die to do this, but I just love it! This is fabulous!! ((Hugs))

Kylie said...

Love how you think outside of the square! Clever design! :)

Kim Heggins said...

You are so clever and so creative...just love your use of the candy corn die...so much fun.