Thursday, June 12, 2014

Flower Power Fabulous...Uniko Studio Challenge #10, Retrosketches #118

Hello,
First:  this has been a crazy, hectic week - and I am light years behind in commenting!! Please bear with me, wonderful friends!  I will do my best to catch up asap!!

Speaking of hectic: I've just returned (9:00 pm - nearly my bedtime!)  from the first stage (prologue) of a four day bike racing event in Banff. For the past two hours I repeated "5 - 4- 3- 2- 1 GO" - at 30 second intervals - for about 240 riders.  It's amazing, actually, the amount of conversation that can be had between sending one rider off and the other settling into his/her position before the countdown begins. Let's just say I caught up on a whole bunch of "my" riders' lives in snapshot time frames.  I'm not part of tomorrow's race, as it's a work day for me, but my husband - Mr. Chief Commissaire - will be off bright and early to officiate a road race. As for me - a day of learning a new data system. I. am. so. excited. (yes, yes, that is sarcasm you detected).

Best part: my brother, sister-in-law and the kiddos are coming for the weekend!! Woo hooooooooo!!! I. AM. SOOO. EXCITED!! I still have a couple bike races to officiate at on Saturday, but having the little ones around will be awesome!  A  kids 'race' is scheduled for Saturday afternoon, so I'm hoping to convince them to race - my nephew on his run bike and my niece on her two wheeler with training wheels.  Too much fun!!

Since the next few days will be early mornings and late evenings, I'd best post a couple cards while 'coherent' (sort of) is still in my repertoire.

This post features my card for Uniko Studio Challenge #10, where we're invited to use all, or selections, from this lovely palette


As is oft the case, I needed a sketch to follow and Retrosketches #118 caught my eye...

Here's my Flower Power Fabulous...


After I made that one, I 'had' to try some water-colour...small scale...so I made a couple of mini notecards. I do not like "my" water-colouring, but the 'act' of trying is quite engaging. I certainly see why this trend is popular. I  embossed the flowers in white and coloured them with distress marker water-colour. The backgrounds are a soft blue, which doesn't show well in the photo.  Little "tuck in" cards...


My trio...


My husband, who had to stay behind at the race to ensure results were correct, just called and is on his way home. A glass of wine is ready to greet him...

Thanks so much for dropping by; your visit and comments make my day!







13 comments:

Monika Reeck said...

fabulous card my sweet friend...I really love the flower that you embossed with white and colored with pink and red..the mini note cards are cute..and yes the effect of water coloring is great...I was trying one time hihi LOL have so limit time....lovely creation my dear Miss C....have a great day..hugs, Monika

Beverley said...

Such a beautiful trio & your water colouring looks spot on to me :) Looks like you've a fun weekend ahead, enjoy (which I am sure you will). Thank you for joint in with the Uniko Studio Challenge & sharing such delightful cards. Hugs Bev x

Brenda said...

Your life sounds exciting Carol! lol I never leave the farm much, so it sound very exciting to me. I love that you can carry on a conversation between the 5,4,3,2,1, go! If the truth be know, I probably could too, as you can imagine living with all men there isn't much conversations at my house, so I look forward to talk to anyone including my comments in posts! Can you tell??? Yes, I'm chatty, beyond chatty if you ask my husband. But hey, I am what I am! I love that your niece and nephew are coming in because I know how much joy you get from being with them and I hope they will race their bikes. Now your cards are FABULOUS!!! I love the first one, great take on the sketch and inspiration photo. I also love, love the note cards. What is it that you don't love about your water coloring?!!! It looks perfect to me!! So there! lol Oh don't forget about rubbing elbows with me... Hugs, Brenda

Deepti said...

This are beautiful!

Marisa said...

Adore the notebook cards!! That big size is fabulous. Well done colouring the flowers too :) Darling take on the sketch as well.

sandie said...

I have no idea why you don't like your water colouring it is amazing, I really Love, love these cards and the subtle background is just perfect. I think the thing I like about water colouring most is just how relaxing it feels....I like to think I am a 'real' painter!!

Geri said...

I'm so relieved to know that I'm not the only one 'light years' behind in commenting! Will 'real life' ever 'get it' that we would rather craft, visit blogs and drink coffee? I'm thinking NOT!

You're crazy girl...the water colored images are stunning! You have achieved a lovely, soft shading of the colors with nary a blob to be seen! Well done!

Love the ink colors you chose for the "Fabulous" card....which really is fabulous!



Dana said...

Oh fabulous cards!! Love the water coloring!! You rocked it!! And i hope you are having a wonderful weekend with your family!!

Anita in France said...

Relief is being shared here too, Carol ... as well as behind in commenting can I also add behind in responding and emailing too? Seriously so! Where's that pause button?? What a treat to take a pause here, though, to enjoy your fabulous 'Fabulous' card ... such pretty posies and sweet colours! Your watercolouring is gorgeous ... such lovely shading on those embossed blooms! Hope you're having a beyond fun time with Miss T and Master C! Hugs, Anita :)

Greta said...

Love all of these, Carol! Your water-colored flowers are glorious!

Ren-Yi said...

Wow, wow, wow! your cards are getting better every time. I love the three panels and the fun little notebook "tearouts". And you did such an amazing job with the colors. Thanks for playing along with us at Uniko Studio.

Pop's Cards said...

Hi sweetie, I am on my rounds, I just adore these, how can you say you do not like your watercolouring!!! mind I say that about my colouring, but please believe me when I say they are stunning, I love popping here makes my day, hugs Pops x x

Shannon J said...

A glass of wine and YOU to meet him - can not get better than that!!! Ok, I have officially reached the point of pathetic on my commenting! So glad we got to catch up on the phone - have I mentioned how much I LOVE out phone chats!!! What a lovely trio and I for one love your water colouring! And I KNOW I'm not the only one!! Pretty, fresh, fun and awesome!! Happy sigh...!